- Stewards of the Week
- Study Skills Introduced
- Kindergarten and 6th Grade Mass buddies
- Service Project: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Kindergarten and 3rd Grade Reading and Writing Buddies
- Help prepare Thanksgiving Mass for Parish
- Parent-Lead Learning Centers
- Memorize a 6-12 line poem for our Primary Speech Program
- Intro to all subject areas: PE, Music, Computers, Art and Library
- Understanding of Creation, The Family of God, and the Gift of Jesus to us at Christmas
- Prayer and Mass; learning Grace before and after meals
- Intro to the Life of Stewardship: Prayer, Formation, Hospitality and Service
- Learn upper and lower case letters; sounds, development of Phoemic awareness, learn sight words; comprehension of fiction and nonfiction information.
- Intro to conventions of writing; prints first/last name and familiar words, construct simple sentences.
- Follows direction with adults and work in groups.
- Participates in Primary Speech Assembly by memorizing and reciting 6-12 lines of poetry.
- Numbers Sense: Reads, Writes, orders numbers to 31, counts to 100, counts sets of objects to 20.
- Problem Solving: Uses strategy to solve a question
- Algebraic Sense: Creates, copies, extends patterns, creates stories for + and –
- Geometric Sense: Identify and sort shapes, understands position words (over/under)
- Intro to Systems-properties and characteristics (plants have roots, stems, leaves, seeds, flowers)
- Simple investigations/ projects and record observations
- Intro to the idea of science solving problems for society (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle)
- Help create rules that benefit the community
- Learn about leaders; that they instill justice and fairness
- Learn to make choices, express opinions/hear the opinions of others.
Welcome to Kindergarten! I am Mrs. Anja Conklin, I have been teaching at St. Thomas More School since 2019. I was very excited to to start my teaching journey here at STM!
I was born and raised in the Everett/Lynnwood area and have always loved working with children! I was lucky enough to marry my high school sweetheart, Shawn, in 2003 and we have two amazing boys, Jaxon is 14 and Cameron is 11. We also have a very active mini Aussie, Maverick. When I am not teaching, I enjoy watching my boys play sports, going to lots of Mariners games, taking Maverick on walks and I love to run!
I look forward to a fun, positive and creative learning environment for your child!